Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Friday, January 29, 2010

Does it ever end?

This is the 3rd time I have had pneumonia. Yes, you heard me right. The THIRD time.

The first time was right after DH got out of boot camp. The second time was right after DH got out of MCT. Now the 3rd time is right after DH and I moved to the new station. (Are we seeing the trend)???

In between all of these bouts of chronic lung pain and coughing I've also been pleasured with having swine flu, regular flu, and the stomach flu. Charming.

My husband, on the other hand, has been healthy as a horse. He had pneumonia once in boot camp, otherwise I haven't seen him so much as snivel. These past few days have been particularly bad and I feel terrible about it. Here he is, leaving in a month, and he gets to come home to a disgruntled housewife lying on the couch with kleenex in her nose and uncombed hair, frantically trying to order Nyquil over the internet. Sexy.

And did I mention that my attempt at having my Nyquil delivered was a fail? Ya, apparently Von's was all booked up for the rest of the day and couldn't deliver groceries. So who had to go out and get it for me? DH of course. Then to make matters worse, I slept in the next day (which is actually today...don't know why I'm talking about it in past tense) until 3 PM. So there goes all my progress getting up on time ;)

The one thing I have to be thankful for though...having pneumonia as many times as I've had it has allowed me to experience the wondrous world of military ER's. Oh and you can see where this is going, I'm sure.

A few months ago, sitting in my apartment at Fort Leonard Wood, I took a deep breath in and felt a sharp pain in my chest. My first instinct was "heart attack" so I jumped in the car (as anyone who suspects themselves of having a heart attack would do, lol) and drove to the Army hospital. 3 Hours later what did I have to show for it? A prescription of Motrin.

At the time, I didn't understand what was so funny about that. Yes, Motrin. So what? But after talking to a few people I realized that Motrin is the military's cure for everything. Sprain? Motrin. Pneumonia? Motrin. Can't sleep? Motrin. So now I just skip the late night ER visits and go straight for the OTC Motrin.

But I digress...literally the only thing right now keeping me from crawling into bed and sleeping for the next 12 months is that I have mandatory distractions. This next month will be busy. First my MIL is coming to visit, then DH has 1 week of leave, then my parents are coming to visit, and then it's the going away week. I have a lot to get done in that time period: cleaning the house, cleaning the house again (who woulda thunk it, but those things get dirty quickly), buying some stuff for DH, tailoring some of his gear, and I have to make a point to make every one of his favorite meals before he leaves. I would hate for him to be in Afghanistan thinking back to his last month of "special take out". Thankfully I have a man of un-picky tastes. Tacos, spaghetti, and stew it is!

0 comments: