Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Best of...Being a Mil Spouse

1. Federal Speeding Tickets-the end result if you decide to push the on-base speed limits. That was possibly the only time I wasn't able to use my husbands military service to talk my way out of police action ;)

2. Drunk Marines- especially when its your neighbor and he's trying to kick in the front door of the apartment building because he thinks he's "locked out". Note to drunk guy...the door is broken. Go around back like I told you to 4 times.

3. Postal Workers- specifically the ones who instantly recognize the envelope of your federal speeding ticket and entertain you with tales of their own fate

4. Microwave dinners- maybe not living on them for 3 months, but I can appreciate a good "Lean Cuisine".

5. Taps- played every night at 9 PM on military bases across the country

6. Laundry Detergent- who the hell knows which brands have optical brighteners and which ones don't, all I know is...if that other guy is using "Tide" to wash his ACU's, you better believe I'm going to steal some of it when he turns his head

7. Saltine Crackers- when it's the only thing you can afford because it's not payday and they don't sell ramen at the 7-day, saltines become the food of choice

8. Living out of suitcases- who needs closet space when you can just fold everything up and put it back in your little rolling box of life

9. Eating out alone- still humiliating, to say the least, but sometimes they give you free pity pie

10. Taco Bell0- If I had a dollar everytime I drove a car full of rowdy Marines lip-synching to the Beastie Boys through the Taco Bell drive thru for some late night chow...well I'd have $4

0 comments: