Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I hate Deployment Internet

I mean really? We have a bunch of exciting and expensive equipment, but we can't get wireless internet in the barracks? That is completely ridiculous. Whatever.

I don't want to jinx myself, but this week has actually been somewhat decent. I did a little shopping, a little restaurant testing, cooked some chicken Vindaloo (there are NO Indian restaurants here...it's depressing). I also mailed another care package.

This one was themed after movies, because DH asked me to send him a few flicks. I got a little gutsy and actually sent him some snickers (in plastic bags, in case they melt). I found this crazy cool collection of every single Alien and Predator and AVP movie ever made all rolled into one boxed set- so I bought it for him. I was trying to decorate the box all cute, but I did it at about midnight so my creativity was sorely lacking.



And I have finally been able to sleep a little. I found the problem lay more in my feelings of being alone. So I started leaving the hall light on. When I was a kid, I always loved the nights that my mom would turn on the hall light, because it was a really warm, sunshine-like light that would creap through the door. So I just decided to continue with that practice and leave the hall light on. It makes me feel like maybe DH is just in the living room playing video games or something.

The only problem is, I felt bad about wasting electricity. So I bought a timer, and the light automatically switches itself off in an hour (which by that point I'm pretty much passed out).

Oh, and I'm trying to hone my green thumb by actually managing to not kill plants. So I planted some tomoatoes, jalepenos, and aloe vera out on the porch. But my most prized potted plant is actually a dwarf orange tree I picked up at Home Depot. It's a little patio-sized orange tree that already has 2 orange dangling from it. I'm quite excited to actually be growing citrus fruit, as that is something you totally cannot do back in Utah.

3 comments:

Gaile said...

Awesome, sounds like you're having a GOOD week! :)

I like the timer idea for the hall light, because as I was reading this post the first thing that came to mind was "ouch, that will be a high electric bill!" LOL

Keep this up, and the weeks and months will FLY by.

Jeanne said...

Because you're feeling lonely, I'd try lying pillows up next to you.. It may sound ridiculous, but it's comforting.

CourtneyNicole said...

Oh my goodness, I do the exact thing with my hallway light ever since my husband deployed!

On a different tangent, I stumbled onto your blog from "Hard Corps Love," and I love your blog! You definitely have a new follower. :)