It's funny to think, my husband has been gone 6 weeks and I'm already on care package #5! That means I send almost 1 care package per week.
Why do I do so many? Partly because, it entertains me. I have a lot of fun coming up with themes, and I actually have a long running list of themes I am DYING to try out. But also because, he requests them! Every time I talk to him, he is asking for more packages. So I don't even bother mailing letters anymore. I save them up and just toss them in the care package. Plus, I'm the only one who really sends him packages. If I didn't send them, he wouldn't have anything.
This care package I have actually been planning for a few weeks! I bought the stuff to put in it the week after he left and I was planning on making it my first package, but that idea was pushed back by St. Patrick's day, his requests for cookies, his requests for breakfast items, and his request for movies. So, after sitting on this stuff for a month, I FINALLY got to put it all together.
The theme is basically "Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!" (you know, after that reggae song by Arrow...ole, ole, ole ole feeling hot hot hot!). The contents are everything my husband loves: spicy, spicy spicy!
Now I need to ask for a vote on what my next theme should be:
1. "ooh-ooh-ooooorah!" Everything monkey and banana themed, such as banana chips, banana pudding, barrel of monkeys, etc. I actually saw something similar done, but hers was "Hang in there", so I figure I should switch up the actual theme.
2. "This little piggy" All feet items, Dr. scholls inserts, foot powder, clean socks, toe nail clippers, lotion, boot bands, laces, etc
3. "California Dreamin'" This one will take a bit of planning, but it's everything local! Local candy from Swirlz, maybe some local oranges (can you send fruit??), post cards, padres stuff. I'll have to browse around the shops and see what I can get around here, maybe even a map.
4. "Just the Essentials" That's pretty self-explanatory. It's just the essentials, like baby wipes, febreeze, underwear, energy shots, mints and gum.
5. "Revenge of the Nerds" Nerds candy, Morrowind the Elder Scrolls (??? some video game he asked for...sounds dorky, huh?), BCG's, pocket protector, science books (he loves them lol), book mark, revenge of the nerds DVD
Soo...lemme know which one you want to see next week!