Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Friday, April 23, 2010

Weight Loss: Day 2

OK, I know I know...day 2? How is it only day 2 when I started 2 weeks ago?

There were a few setback (*cough* couch potato *cough*)

But today was Day 2 of me dragging my ass to the gym each evening. I ended up going by myself and it wasn't as bad as I thought. No one sneered at me, cat called me, or acted like "what's this unfit person doing in a gym". And I didn't feel like the blob in the corner (can't say the same of 24 Hour Fitness, though).

I suspect the difference is I went to the base gym rather than a "civie gym". I thought it would be packed with muscley Marines and sure there were a few, but it was mostly just wives and retirees and everyone pretty much minded their own business.

I did 40 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and elliptical and then 20 minutes of weight machines. Maybe in a few weeks I will be daring enough to step on the scale.

Here's my moto post-workout "look" (HA!):

2 comments:

Annie said...

lol... just ran across your blog from Dani's page. I'm a marine wife too. And I totally just took a moto workout picture very similar to that! Good luck with the working out :)

Anonymous said...

Base gyms are the best! It's free membership (major plus!) and everyone in there isn't a body builder so it makes you feel more comfortable. You have just motivated me to go to the gym today too!