Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Monday, July 12, 2010

Deployment Changes

I was thinking today about all the changes that have happened as a result of this deployment and I realized...as crappy as it's been, I am SO GRATEFUL to go through this.

When my husband left he left behind a shy, scared little girl with little to no motivation to do much of anything. He left behind a girl who had a hard time making (and keeping) friends. I thought so little of myself at that time that I didn't even bother leaving the house in almost 2 months. I was jobless, anti-social, and reclusive.

Here's a picture of "old me":



I'm smiling in that picture, and yes, I was happy when it was taken. But it is not me. It is not who I REALLY am. I'm not expressing myself, my style, my personality.

But the girl he's coming home to is so much better. One thing that not having my husband around has done for me is forced me to grow as an individual. I've made friends (ACTUAL friends, no "cyber" friends). I got, and held, a job. I made my own money and it felt so good. I re-structured my way of thinking so that I'm a better person, with goals, who strives to understand people.

Here's a picture of "new me":

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Your so right! Deployments suck horribly but they help you grow and become a stronger woman. I'm glad there have been good things to come out of this deployment for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been through one but I've definitely heard that before! Congrats on finding you! And that you've found stuff to be positive about!

I hope you can participate in the contest I'm hosting!
http://confessionsofasailorswife.blogspot.com/2010/07/50-followers-giveaway.html

Star Spangled said...

Wow!! Way to go with the positive transformation! That's awesome that you've grown so much. You're gorgeous!

AmandaCervantes said...

I really think your smile in that pic is so genuine!

In spite of the missing your husband part of it, you have come to cope with deployment in a way that is almost inspiring!

Sure, you've switched it up a lot but its AWESOME that you're out there trying to find the things that make YOU happy besides just him!

I say kudos to becoming a stronger, more fierce/brave woman. If not for your relationship, then certainly for YOURSELF!

Anonymous said...

Deployments are horrible but they are a blessing in disguise sometimes. I'm glad that this has made you a stronger person =)