Followers

I'm a Military Blogger

TheRogueMilspouse

Sunday, July 11, 2010

You Know Your Husband is Deployed When...

1. You cook something one night and the leftovers are still there in the morning

2. You know how to fill out a "customs form"

3. You only shave your legs when you think someone might see them

4. You get excited about "unknown" phone numbers calling you

5. You've exhausted every idea you could ever have about what to put in a box.

6. Your fridge resembles a liquor store and you suddenly find yourself accumulating wine by the case load

7. You walk outside to get the mail and immediatly run back in to get your cellphone

8. Your idea of "cooking" is microwaving a lean cuisine

9. You enjoy weekdays more than weekends because you don't like watching other families

10. You lose all concept of time and/or day of the week, all you know is "x-ish" number of days until he's home

11. You go to the bathroom, in the middle of the night, with the lights out, and the toilet seat is still down.

12. You feel like you're "married" to one or more of your friends

13. You see a couple kissing in the supermarket and immediatly run to the tools section to find a sledgehammer...

14. You find yourself standing eerily close to strange men on the street just because they're wearing cologne..and you haven't smelled cologne in a looong time.

15. You put a bag of trash on the porch and it's still there 3 weeks later

16. You know when the best time to go to the post office is

17. Your two major purchases each week are kleenexes and wine

18. You check your email every 15 minutes

19. You know what a "freedom 'stash" is...and secretly hate them.

20. You make friends with a bunch of strangers on the internet just because you're all going through the same thing ;)

11 comments:

MJ said...

Love it!

Gaile said...

Ha ha ha #13.... love it!

And #19, what IS a freedom stash? I do t think I've ever heard that term before?

~Cheryl~ said...

That is SPOT ON!!! Love it! :-)

And I don't know what a freedom stash is either. LOL

Jen said...

HA!! I like the shaving one... lol SO true! And yeah- I dont know what a freedom stash is either... And yes, I have a bunch of random internet friends too! hehe

Erika said...

Great post!

Gaile said...

I remember now what a 'freedom stache' is!

Oh yeah, and I loved this post so much that I had to post about it, with my own additions to the list!

:)

http://anotherdeployment.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-know-your-husband-is-deployed-when.html

Laura said...

Freedom stache! woops my spelling error!

It's a mustache that they grow during deployment that looks and sounds ridiculous.

jleigh2011 said...

I love this, even though we haven't gone through a deployment yet I can still relate to these. By the way, I am a new follower. Feel free to check out my blog at jleigh2011.blogspot.com

Dave and Ashley said...

Consider me your newest follower! Thank you for the list and making me realize that I am acting 'normal' with this first deployment!

Brittney said...

love your list! Couldn't be more true!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!